Are you looking for an exciting role to develop your campaigns and communications skills, as part of a small but dynamic team? Join us!
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Currently home-based, but will need to attend regular meetings in central London office
- Salary: £26,602.17 – £29,940.98 (Changing Faces’ policy is to offer posts at the first point on this scale / negotiable)
- Closing date: Monday 28 June
- Interviews: Week beginning 5 July
People with a visible difference – a scar, mark or condition that make them look different – are the public face of Changing Faces, representing us in the media, at events and in forums with key organisations. Our campaigners programme ensures lived experience is at the heart of all of our campaigns and research, and our campaigners co-develop and front all of our campaigns.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to help us deliver the best experience for anyone who wants to speak out about living life with a visible difference and to call for change.
You will also help us ensure key decision-makers hear what people with visible differences have to say; supporting the team to make sure MPs, government officials, regulatory bodies, public services and business leaders are kept up to date with our messages, and that we’re talking to the right journalists and media outlets, from national news programmes to popular podcasts.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate, through previous experience (paid and/or voluntary) that they are:
- Passionate about, and share our vision, that people with a visible difference should be able to live the life they want to lead, free from prejudice and discrimination.
- Interested in what makes a first-class campaign and can share their ideas about the types of content needed to engage different audiences.
- Willing to get involved and work as part of a team, helping to make sure our campaigners get the right training so they can use their voice to make change happen.
- Organised and focussed, to help maintain high standards, from following style guidelines to write great copy, to regularly monitoring our media coverage to help evaluate our work.
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, including those with a visible difference or disfigurement, to join us.
In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from People of Colour/ BAME people. We are always open to conversations about flexible working.
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different (a visible difference). Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, unwanted attention and even bullying and hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in education, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing. Adults often come to us, having never spoken to anyone about the psychological impact of their visible difference before.
Our services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with life, education, work and relationships.
Please provide a full CV and ensure your supporting statement, in the form of a covering letter, clearly demonstrates how you meet the job description and person specification. In your supporting statement please also tell us about one charity campaign that has caught your attention recently, and why you think it is a good example (maximum word count for this answer within your supporting statement, 250 words).
Email your CV and supporting statement to Giulietta Driver, Executive Assistant – [email protected]
To help with our diversity monitoring, we would be grateful if you could complete our short monitoring form.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check, with adult’s and children’s barred lists. Please download the following documents for further information:
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex-Offenders Policy (PDF 715KB)
- Applicant privacy notice 2019 (PDF 469KB)
We look forward to receiving your application.