Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like to support people with a visible difference? We have vacancies for part-time Skin Camouflage Practitioners to support our Skin Camouflage Service in their community. Please read the details below carefully.
- Contract: Fixed-term, part-time until 31 March 2022, with the possibility of extension.
- Birmingham: four days per month.
- Bristol and Exeter: two days per month (one day in Exeter and one in Bristol).
- Reading: three days per month. Note: for this clinic we may ask you to travel into London in the short-term to complete your mentoring quicker (expenses will be paid).
- Sheffield: two days per month.
- Salary: £11.02 per hour
- Interviews: Due to urgent need, we will be considering applications as we receive them and will get in touch with you regarding an interview, if successful.
- Training: The successful applicants must be available to attend training in Central London on Friday 12 November 2021. Accommodation for the night of Thursday 11 November and travel will be paid for by Changing Faces. Ongoing mentoring will be provided to supplement this course.
We are busy rebuilding capacity in the service following COVID-19 restrictions. We continue to improve and develop the service around the country to provide the very best experience for our clients. The Skin Camouflage Practitioners will:
- Deliver skin camouflage clinic appointments to our clients.
- Help signpost clients to other Changing Faces services or resources they may be interested in.
- Work with the skin camouflage team to continually review, develop, and maintain the service.
- Support the skin camouflage team to develop and maintain the skills and knowledge of all practitioners by participating in and contributing to training.
We are looking for people with:
- Experience within a related industry such as nursing, beauty therapy, or healthcare. Experience as a make-up artist is a definite advantage for this role.
- The ability to support clients professionally and with empathy, including clients in distress.
- A willingness to follow Changing Faces’ Skin Camouflage practices and procedures.
- Strong commitment to Changing Faces values, vision and purpose.
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us and help improve the lives of people with visible differences. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from People of Colour/ BAME and LGBTIQA+ people. We are always open to conversations about flexible working.
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different (a visible difference). Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, unwanted attention and even bullying and hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in education, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing. Adults often come to us, having never spoken to anyone about the psychological impact of their visible difference before.
Our services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with life, education, work and relationships.
Please provide a full CV and ensure your supporting statement clearly demonstrates how you meet the job description and person specification.
Email your CV and supporting statement to Giulietta Driver, Executive Assistant – [email protected]
To help with our diversity monitoring, we would be grateful if you could complete our short monitoring form.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS /PVG Scheme check, with adult’s and children’s barred lists. Please download the following documents for further information:
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex-Offenders Policy (PDF 715KB)
- Applicant privacy notice 2019 (PDF 469KB)
We look forward to receiving your application.