Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like to support people with a visible difference? Are you looking for a small role with a big impact?
We have vacancies for part-time Skin Camouflage Practitioners in various locations to support our Skin Camouflage Service. Working independently from our community venue, the successful candidate will provide practical skin camouflage appointments to people affected by a visible difference.
Please read the details below carefully.
- Contract: Part-time, fixed-term (one year initially, with the potential to extend).
- Locations available:
- Bristol: one weekday per month.
- Exeter: one weekday per month.
- Nottingham: two weekdays per month.
- Manchester: two weekdays per month.
- Salary: £11.70 per hour
- Closing date: Thursday 29 February 2024
- Interviews: We will holding interviews online w/c 11th March 2024.
- Training: The successful applicant will be trained via a short training course in London (expenses will be covered) followed by a period of mentoring with an experienced practitioner.
Please note: these roles need you to be able to physically attend clinics to deliver our services, so please check the location is reachable before applying. Please do not apply speculatively for other clinic locations at this time.
We continue to improve and develop the service around the country to provide the very best experience for our clients. The Skin Camouflage Practitioners will:
- Deliver skin camouflage clinic appointments to our clients.
- Keep in close contact with our skin camouflage team regarding the organisation of clinics.
- Help signpost clients to other Changing Faces services or resources they may be interested in.
- Work with the skin camouflage team to continually review, develop, and maintain the service.
- Support the skin camouflage team to develop and maintain the skills and knowledge of all practitioners by participating in and contributing to training.
We are looking for people with:
- Experience within a related industry such as nursing, beauty therapy, or healthcare. Experience as a make-up artist would be a definite advantage for this role.
- The ability to support clients professionally and with empathy, including clients in distress or struggling with their visible difference.
- A willingness to follow Changing Faces’ skin camouflage practices and procedures.
- A strong commitment to Changing Faces values, vision and purpose.
- The ability to use or learn basic technology such as tablets, apps, Outlook and Teams.
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us and help improve the lives of people with visible differences. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from People of Colour/ BAME and LGBTIQA+ people. We are always open to conversations about flexible working.
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different (a visible difference). Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, unwanted attention and even bullying and hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in education, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing. Adults often come to us, having never spoken to anyone about the psychological impact of their visible difference before.
Our services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with life, education, work and relationships.
Please provide a full CV and ensure your supporting statement, in the form of a cover letter, clearly demonstrates how you meet the job description and person specification. Please do let us know where you saw the role advertised too.
Email your CV and supporting statement to [email protected]
To help with our diversity monitoring, we would be grateful if you could complete our short monitoring form.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS /PVG Scheme check, with adult’s and children’s barred lists. Please download the following documents for further information:
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex-Offenders Policy (PDF 715KB)
- Applicant privacy notice 2019 (PDF 469KB)
We look forward to receiving your application.