To take part in the Peer Group Chat, contact us via our online form on our Support and Information Line page, or by calling our team. Learn more here.
Peer Group Chat is our online support group for adults (18 years or over) in the UK who are affected by a visible difference or disfigurement.
It is a private and confidential space for people who wish to connect online, share experiences and support others with appearance-related concerns.
We offer our Online Support Groups in three ways: by live webchat, phone or by Zoom video-conferencing. Joining a Support Group will give you the opportunity to connect online with seven to 10 other people. Through eight weekly sessions you will share and support each other with the experiences and challenges of living with a visible difference. The group sessions will run using our private Zoom account or our secure chatroom service, allowing you to connect online safely.
Each weekly session has a theme for discussion, with general space at the end to talk about whatever is on your mind with people who understand what you’re going through. Themes include:
- Confidence and self-esteem.
- Managing negative thoughts.
- Dealing with anxiety.
- Coping with negative reactions from others.
- Social communication, life and relationships.
The group will be facilitated by Changing Faces staff, who will help to kick-start conversations and keep the group safe and comfortable for all members. Each session will last for an hour and a quarter and you can join on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Use our inquiry form to register your interest and ask any questions you may have.
The Peer Group Chat will:
- Give you the opportunity to connect online and socialise with others with similar appearance-related concerns.
- Enable you to learn from the experiences of others as well as share your own experiences.
- Help you to gain the skills and ways to cope with your appearance-related concerns.
To find out more about how you may be able to join an online support group, please contact our support and information line via telephone or use our online contact form. Please indicate whether you are interested in the Live Webchat Support Group or the Zoom Support Group.
Peer Group Chats run regularly and a new Chat will be starting soon. If you register your interest, we will contact you when the next Chat is due to start.
- Call us 10am-4pm Monday to Friday on 0300 012 0275. Calls to our 0300 number cost the same as a call to any landline.
- Email us by filling out the contact form. Please include your name and location to enable us to help you better.