This section is full of self-help and guidance for adults and young people living with a visible difference, as well as for parents of children who look different.
If you are concerned about your mental health or you are having thoughts of harming yourself, please speak to your GP at the earliest opportunity to get support.
Please note that Changing Faces is not a crisis support or mental health service and we urge you to contact one of the organisations below to get the help you need.
If the situation is urgent and you are at immediate risk of harm, we strongly encourage you to call 999 for an ambulance or visit to your local accident and emergency department.
If someone is in the house with you – let them know you are struggling so they can assist you.
For crisis support, contact:
- Samaritans: Call 116 123 for help 24 hours a day.
- SHOUT: Text SHOUT to 85258 for help 24 hours a day.
- CALM: Open 5pm to midnight 365 days a year.
Specific support for young people:
- Childline: Call on 0800 11 11.
- HOPELINEUK (34 years and under): Call on 0800 068 4141.
- Young Minds’ Crisis Messenger (25 years and under): Text YM to 8525.
NHS non-emergency help: