Growing up is difficult for most people, but it can be even harder if you look different. Our guides are here to help you with the challenges you might face.
At our workshops, you can also discover valuable tips and techniques which help with issues such as teasing, bullying, social anxiety and social isolation.
We are currently delivering our workshop events online due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We have successfully delivered many workshops during lockdown and continue to offer different age groups and parents a range of events to suit their needs either at weekends or evenings.
Parents workshop – Tuesday 1 February
This online workshop is for parents and carers. It will look at how to build confidence for you and your child and how to handle social situations such as staring. There will also be the opportunity to listen to guest speakers talking about their experiences of living with a visible difference.
Don’t miss out on future workshops
To be the first to hear more about future workshops, please sign up for our newsletter:
You can also follow us on social media for all the latest updates, news and guidance:
Other support for children, young people and families
We have a range of support and services available for children, young people and their families. All of it is here to help you manage life with a visible difference, whether or not you choose to book a place at one of our workshops. Our resources include:
- Counselling support for young people and their families. Our practitioners provide up to 12 sessions of social and emotional support to help young people manage life with a visible difference in a safe, confidential space. We also help parents to cope themselves and support their child.
- A wide range of self-help guides. We have a selection of guides aimed at children and young people, covering topics such as coping with other people’s reactions, school, social life and mental health. We also offer a series of guides to help parents and families cope and support their child.
- A series of four audio relaxations aimed at children and young people. Some of these relaxation sessions are also suitable for adults and may be of benefits to parents and other family-members.
- Real stories from children and young people growing up with a visible difference. We also have stories from parents and family-members.
- A Support and Information Line, for you to share feelings and talk through your situation in a friendly, confidential space.