Comprehensive guidance to help you support pupils with a visible difference across the age groups. Choose your age group to view resources.
Teachers have a key role to play in supporting young people who look different. By creating inclusive schools, we can create a society that welcomes and values everyone, regardless of what they look like. Our A World of Difference programme consists of training and development resources for teachers as well as classroom and assembly resources for both primary and secondary schools.
In this video, children with a visible difference share their advice for teachers.
Primary school resources
- Teacher guide – primary resources – PDF – (421KB)
- Primary classroom resource – PDF – (1.9MB) / Primary classroom resource – PowerPoint – (23MB)
- Primary assembly resource – PDF – (3.4MB) / Primary assembly resource – PowerPoint – (43MB)
Secondary school resources
- Teacher guide – secondary resources – PDF – (205KB)
- Secondary classroom resource – PDF – (1.9MB) / Secondary classroom resource – PowerPoint (23MB)
- Secondary assembly resource – PDF (905KB) / Secondary assembly resource – PowerPoint (14MB)
Initial teacher training materials for trainee teachers
- Tutor guide – PDF (244KB)
- Session one slides – PDF (1MB) / Session one slides – PowerPoint (26.9MB)
- Session two slides – PDF (1.2MB) / Session two slides – PowerPoint (17.2MB)
CPD materials for teachers
- CPD – tutor guide – PDF (184KB)
- CPD – session slides – PDF (1.5MB) / CPD – session slides – PowerPoint (31.6MB)
If you would be interested in giving feedback on these resources, hearing when new materials are released or helping to shape the development of new resources, please leave your details below.