We have a range of job vacancies available and are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
We are looking for two professional and empathetic individuals with the ability to provide our clients with the reassurance they may need to feel comfortable discussing their skin while working through the practicalities of a skin camouflage appointment.
A background in nursing, therapy or a healthcare role would be an advantage in a clinic environment. The role would deliver a minimum of one to two weekday clinics per month after training. The successful candidates will provide skin camouflage colour matching, application, and tuition along with advice to people affected by a visible difference. This will include travel to clinics in several locations in Scotland.
One role is based in Edinburgh and one in Glasgow, with travel required.
- Contract: Fixed-term, part-time (approximately 1-2 weekdays per month)
- Location: One role based in Glasgow, one in Edinburgh, with required travel to other clinics in Scotland
- Salary: £11.70 per hour (Changing Faces’ policy is to offer posts at the first point on this scale)
- Interviews: Monday 5 and Tuesday 6 September
- Training: The successful applicant must be available to attend training on Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 September. Travel will be paid for by Changing Faces. As part of the induction process one-to-one mentoring will be provided
- Closing date: Please apply by 9am, Wednesday 31 August
- Other information: Enhanced disclosure and references required
We have a busy year ahead. We continue to improve and develop our Skin Camouflage Service around the country to provide the very best experience for our clients. The Skin Camouflage Practitioners will:
- Deliver face-to-face skin camouflage clinic appointments.
- Signpost clients to other Changing Faces services or resources as required.
- Work with the skin camouflage team to continually review, develop, and maintain the service.
- Support the skin camouflage team to develop and maintain the skills and knowledge of all practitioners by participating in and contributing to training.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience within a related industry such as nursing, therapy, or healthcare. Experience as a make-up artist is a definite advantage for this role.
- An ability to support clients professionally and with empathy, including clients in distress.
- An ability to follow Changing Faces’ Skin Camouflage practices and procedures.
- Strong commitment to Changing Faces values, vision and purpose.
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
If you would like to have an informal chat around the requirements of this role please call Catriona King, Skin Camouflage Coordinator, on 0207 391 9262 or email [email protected].
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us and help improve the lives of people with visible differences. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from People of Colour/ BAME and LGBTIQA+ people. We are always open to conversations about flexible working.
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different (a visible difference). Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, unwanted attention and even bullying and hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in education, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing. Adults often come to us, having never spoken to anyone about the psychological impact of their visible difference before.
Our services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with life, education, work and relationships.
Please provide a full CV and ensure your supporting statement clearly demonstrates how you meet the job description and person specification.
Email your CV and supporting statement to Giulietta Driver, Executive Assistant, at [email protected].
This role is subject to a PVG check, with adults’ and children’s barred lists. Please download the following documents for further information:
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex-Offenders Policy (PDF 715KB)
- Applicant privacy notice 2019 (PDF 469KB)
We look forward to receiving your application.