A set of resources to help educational professionals support children aged 3 to 7 living with a visible difference.
On this page, we list detailed resources covering different topics to help you support pupils aged 7 to 11 with a visible difference or disfigurement.
Each resource is provided as a PDF and contains information and practical ideas so that you can approach the challenge of visible difference knowledgeably, sensitively and effectively.
- Starting junior school
- Working with parents, carers and siblings
- Working collaboratively with other professionals
- Working inclusively with groups
- Having something to say
- Developing self-esteem
- Practical support with social skills
- Teasing, name-calling and bullying
- Speech and language difficulties
- Choosing and using resources
- Transfer to secondary school