A set of resources to help educational professionals support children aged 3 to 6 living with a visible difference.
On this page, we list detailed resources covering different topics to help you support pupils aged 11 to 16 with a visible difference or disfigurement.
Each resource is provided as a PDF and contains information and practical ideas so that you can approach the challenge of visible difference knowledgeably, sensitively and effectively.
- Starting secondary school
- Working with parents and siblings
- Working collaboratively with other professionals
- Working inclusively with groups
- Having something to say
- Building self-esteem
- Practical support with social skills
- Teasing, name-calling and bullying
- Addressing speech and language difficulties
- Choosing and using resources
- Moving on to college and work