Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different. Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult. We provide advice and support, we challenge discrimination, and we campaign for a world that respects difference.
Changing Faces wants a future where everyone with a visible difference on their face or body has the confidence, support and opportunity to lead the lives they want
We’re seeking an experienced practitioner to provide one day per week on our Support and Information Line, offering empathetic frontline support and advice to people affected by visible difference (adults, children and parents) and to moderate our online support forum.
The candidate must be experienced in supporting the psychosocial needs of people, either with visible difference or in a health/social care setting. We are looking for proven experience in supporting people by phone, email, webchat, as well as an understanding of the administration, procedures and record keeping needed to run an effective support line.
The main purpose of the role is:
- To provide a first line response to clients on the Support and Information Line by telephone, email and online support; supervise any Support and Information Line volunteers to do the same; and develop the service to best respond to client need.
- To provide administrative support for all work related to the Support and Information Line, including awareness/marketing, recording, operating procedures, etc.
- To be the main moderator on the Changing Faces Support Forum
You will have:
- Experience of working on a support line, helpline or in a similar supportive environment offering help via phone, email or webchat.
- Excellent communication skills, with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to respond to emails in a sensitive, empathetic and understanding way to clients.
- Good organisational and admin skills and a systematic approach to work, following established office procedures, with an attention to detail.
- Appreciation of the need for confidentiality and sensitivity handling client data, in line with identified policies.
- Emotional resilience to speak with people who are distressed, upset or confused.
- Ability to work unsupervised once a task has been explained and the ability to prioritise between competing deadlines.
Salary : £26,603.17 per annum pro rata
Hours: Part-time contract – 0.2 FTE (7 hours pw), at least 3.5 hours on Friday required, but flexible re other 3.5 hours
Based: central London
Contract: Fixed term for two years
Advert Closes: Ongoing – apply ASAP
Application method: with a current CV and cover letter stating how you meet the person specification to Sam Cheatle: email@example.com
To apply, please download the following:
- Cover Letter Wellbeing Support Line Practitioner
- Wellbeing Support Line Practitioner PT
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex Offenders Policy
- Applicant privacy notice 2019
We look forward to receiving your application.