Changing Faces is looking for an experienced, qualified, innovative Service Manager to lead us through an exciting time in our Wellbeing Service.
Working closely with the Head of Wellbeing Service, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of our new clinical model and head up good practice and quality assurance across our range of wellbeing services to people affected by a visible difference.
The main purpose of the role is:
- To lead the development of the new Changing Faces’ Wellbeing Service clinical model, including the research, design, and implementation of a clear approach for our wellbeing services and interventions, embedded in good practice and evidence.
- To line manage the four Wellbeing Practitioners, who deliver a range of social and emotional, experiential learning and therapeutic support to people with visible difference across the UK.
- To quality assure the knowledge, skills and practices of the Wellbeing Team, including ensuring requirements for CPD, core competencies and supervision are met.
- To deliver 1-1 wellbeing interventions (remotely and in person) and facilitate peer support to people who present with mild to moderate levels of emotional distress / mental health concerns related to their visible difference
We are looking for:
- A current, recognised psychology, psychotherapy or counselling qualification (+ professional registration), with at least three years’ post-qualification experience managing a client case load, in a health or social care charity or statutory setting
- Three years line management experience of clinical or therapeutic staff
- Experience of professional leadership within a clinical / therapeutic service or model, including demonstrable ability to project manage the redesign, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience of leading high-quality service delivery and maintaining clinical practice consistency, especially managing this in a period of change, with positivity, resilience, flexibility and skill and the ability to develop a strong competency / supervision framework
- Experience of providing high-quality mental health interventions for children, young people, parents and adults people in an education, health, charity, or social care setting conducting 1:1 counselling and peer support, via a variety of channels, including online
- Experience of liaising with, presenting to and networking with relevant external stakeholders and groups to build referral routes and external networks to encourage service engagement.
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us and help improve the lives of people with visible differences. Changing Faces is committed to achieving greater staff diversity. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from people of colour/ people from BAME backgrounds. We actively encourage people with a visible difference to apply. We are also always open to conversations about flexible working.
About Changing Faces:
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different. Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, harassment, bullying and even hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in school, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing – we know one in three people with a visible difference feels depressed, sad or anxious because of how they look.
Changing Faces provides unique practical, social and emotional support for children, young people and adults affected by visible difference, we challenge discrimination, and we campaign for a world that respects difference.
Our Wellbeing services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with transitions such as starting school, university or work. We are going through an important period of change and development in the Wellbeing Services – both launching our national children and young people’s model and embarking on a revisioning and redefinition of our 1-1 and clinical model across the service.
Changing Faces wants a future where everyone with a visible difference on their face or body has the confidence, support and opportunity to lead the lives they want.
Salary range / benefits: £37,938.34 – £42,688.68 (Changing Faces’ policy is to offer posts at the first point on this scale / negotiable); 25 days basic holiday; 6% pension contribution
To apply: please download the following documents for further information:
- Job Description: Wellbeing Service Manager
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex Offenders Policy
- Applicant privacy notice 2019
Application method: Please provide a full CV and a comprehensive supporting statement, with clear demonstration of how you meet each point of the person specification and job requirements. Please do let us know where you saw the role advertised too.
Completed applications should be emailed to: Giulietta Driver, Executive Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am Monday 8th March 2021
Interviews: Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th March 2021
We look forward to receiving your application.