Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone affected by visible difference: a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different.
We are seeking a self-motivated, practitioner to project manage a new peer group / peer to peer programme at Changing Faces and to support the wellbeing of adults through a new online CBT programme. The candidate must be experienced in supporting the psycho-social needs of adults with visible difference or similar, in both a group and 1-1 setting, with a flair for digital applications and project management.
This post has been made possible thanks to funding from the National Lottery Community Fund.
The purpose of the role is to:
- To develop new peer support interventions for people (children, parents, adults) affected by visible difference, with a focus on digital applications
- To provide peer support opportunities (facilitated group, peer to peer, online) to people affected by visible difference
- To provide support to clients to self-navigate and benefit from an online CBT tool, focussed on managing visible difference
- To position Changing Faces as the leading voice and expert on issues impacting people with visible differences.
You will have:
- Project management experience, including impact reporting, report writing and budget management
- A recognised post-graduate qualification in psychology, psychotherapy or counselling (registered) or a registered experienced health or social care professional
- Experience of setting up a peer to peer programme in a health/social care/education/children & families setting, delivering via a variety of channels e.g., F2F, email, online support groups or other social media
- Experience or recognised aptitude for client/support work with adults, parents, children & young people in a health/social care or education setting
- Experience of autonomous management of a project and proven ability to work independently. E
- Experience of working with clients with complex body image or health concerns
- Knowledge and experience of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and social skills models and related techniques in group or 1-1 settings
- Experience of delivering and facilitating training, either FTF and via online channels
- Qualification in or proven track record of managing and running groups
Salary scale: £29,940.98 – £33,698.84 pro rata . Changing Faces’ policy is to offer all posts at the first point on this scale.
Contract: 0.6 FTE (3 days per week), for a fixed term of 20 months
Location: based in London or Sheffield (interview in London)
Advert Closes: Sunday 28th April, 10pm
Interviews: Wednesday 8th May 2019 in Central London
To apply, please download the following:
- Cover Letter Wellbeing Peer Practitioner
- Wellbeing Peer Practitioner JD
- Application Form
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex Offenders Policy
- Applicant privacy notice 2019