We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital manager to join us for 6 months, available on a full or part time basis. You will support us on a number of strategic projects to help drive forward our digital transformation. This includes playing a key role in delivering a new website for Changing Faces and leading on the pilot of a new digital service.
About the role
This is a role with huge opportunity for impact in a time of growth and change for the charity, as we strive to deliver our transformational digital strategy. Working with a highly collaborative organisation you’ll be following user-centred principles to deliver new and maintain existing digital platforms and products.
What you’ll do
- Support the Head of Digital Transformation to deliver a new website.
- Support teams to develop and test ideas for new products, including leading on the planning and delivery of an online chat pilot.
- Lead on the maintenance of the existing Changing Faces website.
- Support internal teams to plan new content and campaigns in line with content design best practice.
- Measure and report on the performance of digital products.
- Advocate for and facilitate ongoing user involvement in all aspects of our digital work.
- Provide technical support, guidance and training for staff.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent project management skills and experience as a product manager.
- Experience of managing and optimising a consumer facing website.
- Excellent knowledge of content design principles.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO.
- Ability to analyse statistical data and identify trends.
- Experience of user involvement and user research practices.
- Experience working with various technologies including website platforms and CRM.
Key information about the role
- Location: home and office based
- Hours: flexible – full or part time (minimum 0.8 FTE)
- Salary: £33,698.84 to £37,928.34 per annum (subject to experience), pro rata
- Contract: fixed term (6 months)
About Changing Faces
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different. Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult. We provide advice and support, we challenge discrimination, and we campaign for a world that respects difference.
Changing Faces wants a future where everyone with a visible difference on their face or body has the confidence, support and opportunity to lead the lives they want.
Changing Faces is committed to achieving greater staff diversity. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from people of colour/ people from BAME backgrounds. We actively encourage people with a visible difference to apply.
Please note that due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic all staff are currently working remotely, and we are unlikely to reopen our London and regional offices for the rest of 2020 and into early 2021. Therefore, this role will largely be home working with the possibility of some face to face meetings (subject to the latest COVID-19 Government guidance).
How to apply
To apply, please download and read the following documents, and complete the application form (CVs will not be accepted):
- Cover letter containing full application details
- Digital Manager job description
- Application form
- Applicant privacy notice
Completed applications should be emailed to Giulietta Driver, Executive Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Giulietta with any questions that you have about the role.
The recruitment timeline
- Advert closes: midday Tuesday 27 October 2020
- Shortlisting: Wednesday 28 October 2020
- Interviews: week commencing 2 November 2020
We look forward to receiving your application.