Changing Faces are on the search for 10-20 Scottish young people to join us in the campaign for Face Equality in 2018/19
We want to hear from you if you are:
- A young person – with or without a visible difference – who is passionate about making a fairer society for all
- Excited to learn about Face Equality and commit to the campaign
- Aged 11-25 years old
- Living in Scotland
- Happy to travel for training and events (expenses covered)
In the Scottish Youth Action Group you will:
- Help run the nationwide campaign for Face Equality in 2019
- Take part in two fun and interactive Face Equality training days with young people from around Scotland
- Gain confidence and skills in public speaking, communicating with the media and co-hosting workshops
NEWS FLASH: You can now also take an accredited Dynamic Youth or Youth Achievement Award through our programme – this will mean you can gain SCQF Level 3-7 accreditation and tariff points for your hard work. This counts towards all applications for employment and higher education.
More info here: https://youthscotland.org.uk/awards/
- Attend two training events in central Scotland 2019 (expenses covered)
- Join occasional video calls with Youth Action Group
- Co-produce and attend Face Equality Day in May 2019
- A proactive interest to get involved with opportunities arising throughout the year
This group will be supported by our Youth Engagement Officer. If you have any questions please contact Luisa Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0131 281 7349
Applications open until midnight Sunday 2nd December 2018.
We will be in touch 1 week after the closing date.
Here’s what current Youth Action Group members have said:
‘I am a naturally introverted person so I was nervous signing up and opening up about my birthmark. But once I met everyone, I instantly felt supported and understood. We all shared similar experiences and wanted to make a real impact for Face Equality Day. It was such a rewarding and positive experience and I’ve only grown in confidence since then!’ – Jasmine, 24 years old
‘Being a part of the Youth Action Group was a brilliant experience. I would encourage people to sign up because you will meet a range of different people and share ideas and experiences, being part of a group in general will also help you to develop social skills. “Everyone should be proud of who they are, the challenges you face make you a stronger person” ‘ – Sophie, 23 years old