Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like to support people with a visible difference?
The Support and Information Line Practitioner is the crucial frontline of our wellbeing services. You will support people affected by visible difference (a scar, mark or condition) and give them helpful and appropriate information based on their needs.
- Contract: Full time (37 hours per week), permanent
- Location: Central London based / working remotely from home initially
- Salary: £26,868.19 – £30,240.39 (Changing Faces’ policy is to offer posts at the first point on this scale / negotiable)
- Closing date: 10am Monday 26 April 2021
- Interviews: Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 May 2021
This exciting role provides support and information to people 16+ years affected by a visible difference.
- Assessing client needs and goal setting, providing support calls and giving helpful information or triaging to other wellbeing services. Managing the Support and Information Line admin and systems and recording client data.
- Producing reports and maintaining the CRM in relation to wellbeing services, ensuring we have accurate data for KPI’s, funders, monitoring etc.
- Supporting and collaborating in the development of the Support and Information Line and the wellbeing service, including implementation of service models, digital development and marketing and service promotion to ensure we provide clients with the most accessible and high-quality service and support.
We are looking for someone:
- Who can provide empathy and understanding to people in need of support.
- Who has experience of working on a support line, charity helpline or in a similarly supportive environment, delivering the service by telephone, email, and online.
- With excellent Microsoft Office, administrative and organisational skills.
- With experience of Salesforce, or a similar CRM system.
- Who has an innovative, ‘can-do’ approach to work, with the ability to work unsupervised, prioritise and manage competing deadlines.
- Who has the emotional intelligence, understanding and resilience to speak with people who are distressed, upset or confused.
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us and help improve the lives of people with visible differences. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from People of Colour/ BAME people. We are always open to conversations about flexible working.
About Changing Faces
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different (a visible difference). Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, unwanted attention and even bullying and hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in education, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing. Adults often come to us, having never spoken to anyone about the psychological impact of their visible difference before.
Our services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with life, education, work and relationships.
Please provide a full CV and ensure your supporting statement clearly demonstrates how you meet the job description and person specification.
Email your CV and supporting statement to Giulietta Driver, Executive Assistant – [email protected]
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check, with adult’s and children’s barred lists. Please download the following documents for further information:
- Criminal Records Disclosure Security and Ex-Offenders Policy (PDF 518KB)
- Applicant privacy notice 2019 (PDF 466KB)
We look forward to receiving your application.